13940 U.S. Hwy 441, Suite 906, The Villages, FL 32159
Christian W. Waugh
Christian Waugh primarily practices in The Villages and Orlando / Winter Park, Fla. His practice areas include real estate, litigation, probate, appeals, and all manner of business law. On a day to day basis, he helps provide counsel to facilitate large-scale commercial closings, advise POAs and HOAs, draft wills, and negotiate contracts. He also provides litigation services for probate, commercial, and even criminal issues.
Waugh currently serves Citrus County, Florida as a special master, pursuant to chapter 162, Florida Statutes. Previously, he served as a long-time member and Vice-Chair of the Fifth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission. He has been a member of several county bar associations and enjoys writing on pressing political and legal issues.
In 2013, he was an associate attorney with a specialized trial and commercial litigation boutique law firm in Coral Gables, Fla. and from 2011-13, an associate with Gilligan, King, and Gooding, P.A. in Ocala, Fla., where he specialized in litigation and municipal law. Also, from 2010-11, he was an Assistant State Attorney at the State Attorney's Office for the Ninth Judicial Circuit covering Orange and Osceola counties. As a trial attorney, he successfully prosecuted individuals for battery, DUI, and several other crimes in over 30 trials.
From 2007-09, he was an MBA student at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, where he specialized in different areas of international law, such as mergers and acquisitions and international arbitration. While at the University of Florida, he was the longest-serving President of the Economics Society and taught microeconomics, macroeconomics, risk analysis, and statistics to dozens of the best student-athletes in the world as a tutor / instructor for the University Athletics Association. He is currently the president of the UF Economics Society Alumni organization.
He is conversant in Indonesian, and possesses working knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and various other linguistic subjects such as syntax, neurolinguistics, and sociolinguistics.
|University of Florida Hough School of Business||2009|
|University of Florida Levin College of Law||2008|
|University of Florida||2002|
|Waugh Law, P.A.; Orlando / The Villages, Fla.||2013-Now|
|Dorta Law, P.A.; Coral Gables, Fla.||2013|
|Gilligan, King & Gooding, P.A.; Ocala, Fla.||2011-13|
|State Attorney's Office, Ninth Judicial Circuit; Orlando, Fla.||2010-11|
- February 2015 - Florida Bar News: Bar Needs IOTA Reform!
- January 2015 - Florida Bar News: Florida Bar Needs an Ombudsman
- November 2014 - Florida Bar Journal: Expert Witness Testimony Admission Standards
- October 2014 - Orlando Sentinel: Why Hong Kong Should Matter to Us
- March 2014 - Tampa Bay Times: How to Make Florida a Trade Winner
- Special Master, Citrus County, FL (3/2017 - Now)
- Vice-Chair, Fifth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (1/2013 - 11/2016)
- Commissioner, Orange County, FL Charter Review Commission (3/2011 - 11/2012)
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- All Florida state courts